Heritage Audio 1073/500 500 Series Microphone Preamplifier at a Glance:
- Platinum sound as soon as you hit record
- Built to original specs for a true vintage re-creation
- Top-notch performance from both preamplifier and EQ
Platinum sound as soon as you hit record
Talk to any engineer that's worked on a vintage Neve console - if you've got the right mics in front of the sources, just bring up the faders and your sound is mostly there. That's what you get with the Heritage Audio 1073/500. Think big, punchy, vibrant sound that seems to leap from your speakers. It's the sound that created countless hit albums, and you've got it on tap with the 1073/500 500 Series preamp/EQ module.
Built to original specs for a true vintage re-creation
In fact, the only technical difference between the Heritage Audio 1073/500 and an original Neve module is the size - to get all the original components in the smaller 500 Series format, Heritage Audio had to make it three slots wide. Inside, you'll find the same transformers, dual-concentric switches, pushbuttons, and even the same PCB cards. So don't think the 1073/500 is another vintage emulation or copycat - it's a true 1073, re-born.
Top-notch performance from both preamplifier and EQ
The 1073/500 packs 70dB of gain in its Class A mic preamp, perfect for ribbon mics and low-output dynamics. The sound is full, punchy, and gets incredibly vibrant when you push your signal levels. And the EQ is amazing too - high- and low-shelving EQs sport the classic Baxandall curves, which give an incredibly natural-sounding roll-off or boost for any material. And the sweepable mid-band EQ has a wide enough range to cover any task, from scooping mud out of your kick drum to beefing up your guitars at 700Hz.
Heritage Audio 1073/500 500 Series Microphone Preamplifier Features:
- Incredibly accurate re-creation of the classic Neve 1073 console module
- For use with approved 500 Series chassis
- Class A mic preamp with 70dB of gain, plus a sweet-sounding 3-band EQ
- Class A line-level amplifier with 10dB of gain
- Low- and high-shelving EQs with Baxandall curves for smooth, natural-sounding response
- Sweepable mid-band EQ
- Designed with the same components, specifications, and construction techniques as original 1073 modules